Friday, November 13, 2009

Get Busy Living


The last two weeks have been a world wind for me. I recently lost my dad to cancer and it was very sudden to say the least. Each day is getting better, but I still feel this emptiness in my heart. There is not a day that goes by that I do not stop and think about my dad, and how he is no longer here. This experience has put alot in perspective for me, and how someones life is so precious. Most of us live life thinking we will never loose a parent, we think they will be here forever. When something happens to them it hits you very hard. I was lucky enough to have great memories with my Dad and have spent alot of time with him in the last 5 years since we moved back to Dallas. He was such a wonderful grandpa to Riverson, and enjoyed our monthly visits as he spoiled her with gifts.

I can not thank all of Zach and I's wonderful friends enough- that have been so extremely supportive to me. I was so touched to see alot of you at my dad's wake and funeral. I have never had to do this so just thinking of every one's thoughtfulness brings tears to my eyes. My entire office and late co-workers were there for support too. I can not tell you all how touched I was by everyone gestures during this last week. It will never be forgotten.

Now, it is time to get busy living and enjoying the upcoming holidays with family and friends. I am looking forward to fun times, more great memories and little pieces of life that just make my heart melt.....life is short so make the best of it.

Love you all!